Mining Focus: Gearing up to Meet Energy Demand as Part of Post-Pandemic Recovery
Friday, July 3, 2020 - 10:00 to 11:00
aef2.0 - Agenda - aef2.0
Once COVID-19 has passed, energy demand will peak as industries and mining companies race to make up for lost production time. Going forward, how should IPPs and mining companies work together to meet energy demand as Africa pursues the path to recovery?
- What impact has falling commodity prices had on the mining sector and what are the price forecasts for the next 18 months?
- What is the forecasted demand for Africa’s raw material and commodities in the next 18 months?
- How fast is China’s expected to bounce back and what will be the impact on demand for commodities?
- How are mining companies focusing on SDG 7 focused recovery plans?
All presentations in this stream
- 10:00 How COVID-19 Has Fundamentally Changed Investment Strategies and Bilateral Partnerships
- 15:00 What Strategies are DFIs Putting in Place to Protect and Rebuild African Economies?
- 10:00 Can an Effective Response to COVID–19 and Acceleration of Clean Energy Development Go Hand in Hand for Africa?
- 15:00 Building Resilience in Live Energy Projects
- 10:00 Women and Energy and Agriculture
- 15:00 Utility Focus: Recognising Challenges to Critical Infrastructure