How COVID-19 Has Fundamentally Changed Investment Strategies and Bilateral Partnerships
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 10:00 to 11:00
aef2.0 - Agenda - aef2.0
In this digital broadcast experts will review the impact of COVID-19 and the resilience of economies to bounce back in 2021. Knowing which sectors will be key, and how energy will transcend them to enable this recovery, is of paramount importance for all stakeholders.
- Is recession pre-determined across the continent and, if not, what actions need to be taken now to avert a deepening crisis?
- How has energy consumption changed and what should stakeholders focus on the in the coming 18 months?
- What elements will aid the recovery of markets? Will general economic recovery be the first step towards energy industry growth?
- What can governments and international organisations do to support the recovery of key sectors such as healthcare and agriculture?
- Is now the time to be thinking about adding energy development to stimulus plans?
All presentations in this stream
- 15:00 What Strategies are DFIs Putting in Place to Protect and Rebuild African Economies?
- 10:00 Can an Effective Response to COVID–19 and Acceleration of Clean Energy Development Go Hand in Hand for Africa?
- 15:00 Building Resilience in Live Energy Projects
- 10:00 Women and Energy and Agriculture
- 15:00 Utility Focus: Recognising Challenges to Critical Infrastructure
- 10:00 Mining Focus: Gearing up to Meet Energy Demand as Part of Post-Pandemic Recovery