Dell'Amore Consultancy, Nigeria
Idris Mohammad is an administrator, banker, technocrat and power broker with over 33 years of service in Nigeria's public sector. Of these, 25 years was spent in power sector.
From 1984- 1986 Idris Mohammad started his working career as an administrative officer with federal civil service in Ikoyi-lagos, Nigeria
Between 1986 -1992 Idris Mohammad secured appointment in the banking sector with United Bank for Africa as banking officer and rose to the position of Branch Manager. From 1992- 2014 Idris got a senior management position at National Electric power Authority (NEPA) as Senior Manager Treasury.
Through hard work and dedication to duty, Idris rose to the position of Head of Accounts and became amongst the pioneer set of Assistant General Manager Finance & Administration and later Assistant General Manager finance and Accounts, a position he held for 11 years before he was appointed Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company Ltd by the Federal Government of Nigeria. Idris Mohammad was the first non-Engineer staff to be appointed from finance and Account Sector to Chief Executive Officer in Nigeria's power sector.
Achievements as CEO in annals of Nigeria’s power sector:
1) Meeting the Presidential pronouncements of providing 24 hours stable power supply to his customers.
2) As a Frontline member of the Embedded Generation team of the Federal Ministry of Power, he was able to bring in credible investors who are contributing to improve power supply to Nigeria.
3) Creating new power sector policy shifts by the Presidency to boost power supply and access to power in Nigeria.
4) Part of the presidential team that travelled to China in April 2016 on the historic visit. The consortium that Idris Mohammad led on this Delegation signed Nigeria's most ambitious coal fired power plant to Generate 4200 megawatts of power by a group of first class Chinese Investors who are finalizing arrangements for this project.
• Idris Mohammad was Nominated as the best CEO of the year in Nigeria's power sector for the year 2014
• He was mentioned by ESI as one of the Top 60 most influential personalities in Africa’s power sector.
• The same Esi recognized him as 1 of the 4 most important personalities in Nigeria's power sector.
• Idris Mohammad is an Advisor on power to The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.